About Me

My photo
I began drawing and painting at a very young age and knew early on that I would choose art for my life. I achieved success early on in high school and college in the arts, but after college, I felt compelled to a career in ministry and have spent many fulfilling years helping others find their purpose in life. Through the years, I continued to paint mostly for enjoyment and as an outlet, but in 2007, I realized that an important part of my own life-purpose was creating and painting. The internet, which of course was not available 25 years ago, is such a useful tool for artist, opening doors and providing exposure that would otherwise not be possible. With this new opportunity, I have been pursuing painting and marketing my art whole heartily, usually painting on a daily basis. I live in Tucson, love to jeep, love to paint and study art, and my paintings are often inspired from some remote mountain location in the high desert.

Friday, August 13, 2010

School, Routine and Purpose

I don’t know about you, but I am glad my kids are back in school and life is getting back to some sort of normal routine. While I love spending extra time with the family during the summer and doing family vacation, I love getting back in the saddle so to speak and doing what God has me doing in my life.  Even as I write this I realize there are many people who don’t feel that way and feel that life has no purpose. So often we look at our lives and feel that we can only be happy if we have certain things, careers or relationships. Let me encourage you that God has a much greater purpose for your life.  Many people spend their lives searching for a greater purpose. Yet we cannot discover the purpose we were created for outside of God. He is the one who made us with our passions, gifts, talents and skills with His purpose in mind. Everything about our fulfillment, our peace and our lives being lived for a greater purpose stems from the fact that we have a creator and He has created for His purpose.  I want to encourage you as we get back to the routine of life that if you have never read Rick Warren’s book “The Purpose Driven Life” that you take 40 days and do so. Or if you are like me, and have read it before, this is a great time to re-read it. God will use it in your life to change you forever.  I have one Purpose Driven Life book available in my EBay store today.